After giving birth to my Little One, I could no longer wear the owl skirt that I made (thank goodness!!). So I started unpicking the skirt. Unpick, unpick, unpick....
|Unpicking owl skirt|
As usual, I went through many online tutorials about shirring and started my first ever shirring attempt. I chose the lazy method whereby I sewed in spirals instead of separate rows. The first few rows got me a little worried as there was not much gathering...
|First few rows of shirring|
But, after many more rows, the fabric gathered really nicely. Yeah!!!
|Shirring - nice gathers|
After lots and lots of shirring (this part really took ages!), I added a 1-inch elastic to the top and ta-daa, here's my new shirred tube top!
|Shirred tube top|